Post by Kyongdong on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:19 am

K
Kyongdong
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: National People's Congress [Old Thread Do Not Post]

Post by Nayrin on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 am

I'd also like to suggest that each future proposed legislation be allotted a separate thread to debate + vote on. This will make everything far more comprehensive. Separate forum for passed legislation so members can read and abide by & ones specifically for elections (I'm assuming the Electoral Committee one will suffice) could also be considered in the future.

Hope this isn't coming off as out of turn or bossy Very Happy Just really excited to see our region getting together!
Nayrin
Premier
Premier

View user profile http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nayrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlom-Terevanyia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:55 am

It is a good thing. Although I'd like to see more member nations participate. Maybe I'll get more conservatives to support my policies. Lol.
Karlom-Terevanyia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayrin on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:58 am

Karlom-Terevanyia wrote:It is a good thing. Although I'd like to see more member nations participate. Maybe I'll get more conservatives to support my policies. Lol.
I look forward to healthy debate, comrade lol! 
Nayrin
Premier
Premier

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlom-Terevanyia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:04 am

Debate is the safeguard of democracy.
Karlom-Terevanyia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayrin on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 am

As of 10:30 AM EST (per Kyongdong's suggestion), the following is announced:

Bill 1: Bill to Ratify “Criminal Code of the Oriental State”
Author: Kyongdong
Yea: (4) Karlom-Terevaynia, Kyongdong, Nayrin, North-East Berma
Nay: (0)
Absent: (4) AirSerbia, KyzlandLeader, Ledgewick, Zayaz
Unregistered: (13)
Abstain: (0)
RESULT:  passes with 100% support of all voting members and a 50% (4/8 ) margin among registered electorate.
Nayrin
Premier
Premier

Back to top Go down

Proposed Legislation: “Oriental Nuclear Programmes and Weapons Treaty”

Post by Nayrin on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:09 am

RECOGNIZING the sovereign right of states within this region to possess nuclear capabilities for research, energy production and weapons manufacturing for defense

COGNICANT of the need to provide some semblance of regional guidelines concerning nuclear programmes in the interest of peace and safety

AWARE of the potential of nuclear weapons to be used by states in inter and extra-regional conflict warrants deliberation

ENDEAVOURING to engage as a community in the peaceful development of atomic energy as one of many avenues of energy programmes, sensible weapon accumulation and self-regulation

HERBY establish the “Oriental Nuclear Programmes and Weapons Treaty”

1. The right for sovereign states of the Orient to establish nuclear programmes for a) research purposes, b) energy production or c) weapons production. Regulations regarding these industries will be decided by individual states in keeping with their environmental and health regulations. No official regional standard will exist to define or regulate programmes.

2. The right for sovereign states of the Orient to refuse to engage in establishing similar programmes, as their conscience might cause them to reject such technology. This right compliments, rather than condemns or infringes on, the previous clause.

3. States within the Orient with functioning nuclear programmes may VOLUNTARILY engage in research-sharing initiatives, mutual energy production projects and state-to-state treaties concerning these projects (subject to this treaty and its stipulations).

4. Nuclear testing may be conducted SOLELY within territories held by nations conducting said bans, respectful of neighbouring states and their sovereignty. The cost of testing, facilitation and containment of potential hazards will be borne by the testing party.

5. In the event of a nuclear accident, the state in which said accident occurs may endeavour to, should the prior clause not provide sufficient security, petition for aid from volunteering states within the Orient to aid them. Any cost borne by aiding states (be they financial or human in nature) will be compensated through bi-lateral or multi-lateral agreement.

6. The explicit condemnation of the use of "dirty bombs", chemical weapons or other materials of mass destruction commonly associated with terrorist activities by terrorist groups.

Combat-Specific Clauses
1. In the event of extra-regional conflict, the use of nuclear weapons must be SPARING and CONTROLLED in nature. Aggressor states must consider the lives of innocents as of paramount concern and non-combatant casualties to be avoided as best as possible.

2. In the event of inter-regional conflict, for the safety and peace of the region, the use of nuclear weapons cannot be explicitly condemned or regulated as per the Constitution and Bill of Rights. However, in the interest of regional unity, states within the Orient SHOULD endeavour to use nuclear weapons ONLY AS A LAST RESORT rather than a FIRST STRIKE OPTION.

3. Any use of weapons listed in Sec. 6 by enemies of the Orient , against allies of the Orient or states within the Orient shall be condemned.

4. Should an inter-regional conflict result in the use of nuclear weapons, the NATIONAL PEOPLE'S CONGRESS may vote to re-enact the “Emergency and Conflict Act” to utilize provisions of said legislation to provide strategies for conflict resolution.
Nayrin
Premier
Premier

Back to top Go down

Proposed Legislation: “Navigable Waters Treaty”

Post by Nayrin on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:19 am

RECOGNIZING inter-regional trade relies on various waterways within the Oriental region, connecting our states to a number of seas and straits

COGNICANT of the sovereignty of member-states of our region

CONCERNED over the a lack of a statement on trans-boundary waters, piracy prevention and issues of jurisdiction

RESOLVE that Oriental States adopt the “Navigable Waters Treaty” to foster economic growth and security in the region

Navigable Waters Clause:

1. Out to 12 nautical miles, states may be free to set laws regarding the usage of waters claimed by said states  - including passage rights, fishing laws, tariffs on incoming goods, pollution control immigration – known as TERRITORIAL WATERS.

2. An additional 150 nautical miles may be claimed by coastal states as ECONOMIC ZONES, allotting this space for sole use by the claimant for fishing, energy production, customs and security (including “hot pursuit” in cases of criminal activity up to and including piracy).

3. All waters beyond this zone shall be referred to as ORIENTAL WATERS and be “free to all states but belonging to none” – allowing unhindered travel and unregulated transfer of peoples and goods.

Piracy Specific Clause:

1. Piracy, for the purpose of this treaty, shall be defined as: “any act of criminal violence or theft of property committed within ORIENTAL WATERS.”

2. To clarify, the following acts are covered under this definition: boarding of vessels in an unauthorized manner, hostage taking (for ransom or otherwise), acts of robbery, murder, sabotage and intentional shipwrecking.

3. Acts of piracy within TERRITORIAL WATERS or ECONOMIC ZONES will be subject to the state laws which hold jurisdiction over said waters. Exceptions to this will only be permitted should an affected party within said jurisdiction is of another state – allowing for the option (not right) of extradition.

4. Acts of piracy within ORIENTAL WATERS will fall within the jurisdiction of the ORIENTAL SUPREME COURT (allotting with the passage of this bill said power). Exceptions to this will only be permitted should an affected party within ORIENTAL WATERS petitions for damages or loss of property to be paid according to their state’s legal code – allowing for the option (not right) of extradition for additional charges, only by unanimous consent of the ORIENTAL SUPREME COURT.

Emergency and Conflict Clause:

1. In the event of an emergency (ex. Oil spill, crashed or stranded vessel, pirate attack) or conflict, this bill will defer to Secs. 2-4 of the Emergency and Conflict Act (Est. Dec 19, 2013).
Nayrin
Premier
Premier

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:13 pm

I vote against this proposal
Great Churubusco

View user profile http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyongdong on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Okay, I am merging all the proposed legislation threads that have not been voted on into the National People's congress.
Kyongdong
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyongdong on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:00 pm

VOTE COUNT
ONPWP
-FOR 2
-AGAINST0
NWT
-FOR2
-AGAINST1

NOTE: The author's vote counts as AYE.
Kyongdong
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayrin on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:39 pm

Just to confirm, the present count includes my votes right?
Nayrin
Premier
Premier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyongdong on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Nayrin wrote:Just to confirm, the present count includes my votes right?
Yes it does.
I propose we elect a Chairman of the NPC, to count the votes, begin and end debate and voting periods. I could take on that function as you have taken the Premiership.
Kyongdong
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayrin on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm sure the President would agree in the interest of steering debate and counting votes (already a position you hold).
Nayrin
Premier
Premier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyongdong on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Nayrin wrote:I'm sure the President would agree in the interest of steering debate and counting votes (already a position you hold).
I just got his conformation via TG.
Kyongdong
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top