The Qikiqtaaluk-Churubuscan War

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Qikiqtaaluk-Churubuscan War

Post by Great Churubusco on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Today, the government of Great Churubusco has declared war on the country of Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut. The King of Great Churubusco will not explain himself as his enourmous navy exits the Oriental Sea. The tides of war are churning, what will be the results?
Great Churubusco

View user profile http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_churubusco

Back to top Go down

Re: The Qikiqtaaluk-Churubuscan War

Post by Karlom-Terevanyia on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

0800 HOURS - KARLOM-TEREVANYIAN INTELLIGENTSIA HEADQUARTERS

Intelligentisa Director Henry Wade paced back and forth in front of his head staffers giving a coffee-fueled oratory. "And THAT is why we must collect more information before briefing the First Citizen!"
"Sir, shouldn't we try to give him the most options we can, but respond in a timely matter?"
Wade huffed. "I don't know what to make of this Churubusco has been an ally for too long, BUT this act of wanton aggression cannot be tolerate. Are we putting the nuclear option on the table?"
"We've got the SDI to counteract Churubusco's nukes, but the political fallout would be worse than the ACTUAL fallout."
Wade shook his head. "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph..."
Karlom-Terevanyia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 pm

0900-ORIENTAL SEA
Supreme Officer of the Royal Navy, Gen. John L Wermongir layed in his cabin. His ship, the CSS Snapper, was the head of the fleet. He led one of the Orient's greatest fighting powers,the Churubuscan navy. The stress usually got to him, but not like this. He hadn't been more scared than when he was called on to defend the island of Chô. Still, this was nerve-racking. When he defended Chô, he knew why he was fighting. Now, this war was a mystery. The King's advisors had only told him that the Qikiqtaaluks were a threat to Great Churubusco. Now here was sailing towards some far away island for a reason he doesn't know. A cabin boy rushed into the room. "Sir, we're exiting the sea." "Bring her down to half speed, then sail straist for the main island" "I'll tell the Captain right away, sir!" he saluted and left. The Supreme Officer cover his face with his hands. "What am I doing?"
Great Churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:13 pm

The City of Kallisullilit

The ice blew across the windswept tundra of Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut, this is an undiscovered, harsh, and cruel land. Nature has no mercy here, and only the Qikiqtaaluk NuNunutsavut, the aboriginals had the skills needed to survive. This is a and of traditions, of spirits and demons, of ancient customs and of the rule of nature. No one, not even the greatest chiefs challenged the iron fist of mother nature. In QaQaananuktitut's Sound their is a city, the largest city in Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut, its name being Kallisullilit. The Issamutatuk or the Paramount Chief of Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut, his name being Eeyalduk QaQananutsavmiut is sitting in the government building. The Issamutatuk was not concerned the least bit of the Churubuscan fleet, after all, winter is coming. The last fleet to have attempted to attack his land in the winter had been frozen in, for a decade and a half. It was winter here for 11 months of the year, and for the other one month, the ice sometimes still did not unfreeze.
Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:43 pm

1000 hours- King's Palace, Churubusco, Great Churubusco
The king sat at his desk while his array of telephones rang off the hook. His Advisor of Foreign Affairs burst into the room. "Is this really worth war?" hollered John Hurtz. "I know! It's a heavily guarded secret, but this is insane!" "It's more than that. Sure, the family secret is a big factor, but not the main reason." "You don't mean..." "But I do mean" "That's just a rumor! We don't even know if the source is credible! " "I had to take a chance. If it is true, we could become the next great world power." "At what cost sir? At what cost?" he shook his head in disapproval before exiting the room.
Great Churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 am

The City of Kallisullilit

It had been a day since the government had learned about the war with Great Churubusco, and already the army had been prepared. The stone defense walls that surrounded all the ports in the land where renovated, soldiers recruited, the army polished up, and the navy repaired. The five aircraft carriers where standing by just outside the eastern point of the island, with 200 planes, 20 submarines and fifty assorted cruisers. Waiting to intercept the Churubuscan Navy. It is the perfect winter fighting force.
Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayrin on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Presidential Palace - Nayrin 1100 Hours

President Grigorkayev stroked his beard, meditating on the affairs recently brought to his attention. Field Marshal Memhed Asakayev's office had informed the President that the navy and air force were on standby for action.

Grigorkayev lifted the telephone to his ear, blowing a fresh cloud of shisha smoke into the air above him, waiting for a response on the other end.

" Yes, tell the Field Marshall to dispatch a portion of our fleet as observers within Oriental waters. Do not by any means interfere in any conflict until I give my consent. We don't want to give off an aggressive posture and complicate an already puzzling and potentially dangerous situation. Instead, we should be prepared to assist as we see fit. Also, place our national defense systems at Level 2 Alert. We can't be too careful."

Grigorkayev hung up, taking a longer draw on the hookah beside him. Level 2 suggested significant caution, but no immediate threat of war. Only a handful of instances had caused Nayrin's national defense system to declare a Level 5. Still, Grigorkayev wondered if he was too optimistic in expecting an early resolution.

Premier
Premier

View user profile http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nayrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Gen. Wermongir studied his route one more time. It just didn't make sense. Three of his 30 boat fleet were heading for the main island. The rest were sent to an island so small it required a different map. What was on this island? Why was it so important? He thought about it before hitting the hay. The water under the boat turned colder as the ship exited the Oriental Sea.
Great Churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlom-Terevanyia on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 am

CHURUBUSCAN NORTHERN BORDER - 1600 HOURS

In the course of the day, Karlom-Terevanyia's army had air-lifted or drove two-hundred and fifty Judicator model main-battle tanks, three Archangel heavy tanks, and a plethora of light attack vehicles to the small neutral nation on Churubusco's northern border. The two nations' leaders had an "understanding" after the Karlom-Terevanyian Intelligentsia hunted down and eliminated one of their ex-patriots leaking information about their missile defense plans. It was dirty business, but it paid off in the end.

The Churubuscan border was plainly visible where Captain Georgy Harlow sat smoking a cigarette on the outside of the turret of his Judicator tank. Karlom-Terevanyia hoped this show of military force would defer further action on the part of the Churubuscans. Already, five missile submarines were moving into position just outside Churubuscan national waters to further up the anti. Karlom-Terevanyia's intentions were more or less clear.
Karlom-Terevanyia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:21 pm

KING'S PALACE- CHURUBUSCO, GREAT CHURUBUSCO- 1600 HOURS
Slumped on his desk, laying on top of his lunch was the King. In his office the only noise heard was his TV as "Breaking Bad" played on his Netflix. Then a young secretary burst into the office, waking the sleeping king. "My liege, the Karlom-Teravanyians have weapons on our borders and missiles armed and aimed at the city." "Damn." stated the king as he wiped pieces of a BLT off of his shirt. Groggily, he directed the secretary. "Prepare, my clothes for an appearance. I will be on the balcony in an hour." "Yes sir, and sir?" "Yea?" "Think of the people of Churubusco."

PUBLIC APPEARENCE BALCONY- KING'S PALACE- CHURUBUSCO, GREAT CHURBUSCO
"Dear citizens of Great Churubusco. I know you fear for your safety, but please, trust in me. I have been taught since birth how to rule with a benevolence. I am doing this in your interest. Do not fear that Karlom-Teravanyians. I will halve their army. Not through war, but diplomacy. For, I will grant the riches of this country to any Teravanyian who deserts their army and fights for against the evil Karloms." Whispering and murmurs filled the crowds. "What did he say" questioned an alerted John Hurtz.  The King walked back inside the palace. "What the hell did you do?" hollered John Hurtz. "I beleive it was one of the American's who said, 'A house divided against itself cannot stand.' " The King looked out his window at the faraway hills where the borders lie. Already, he could make out men running toward the city.
Great Churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayrin on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Presidential Palace - Nayrin 1730 Hours

"Gentlemen, we are aware that tensions between the state of Karlom-Terevanyia and Great Churubusco have come to a head. Presently the two are amid a standoff in the northern border regions, while Churubusco's fleet are moving to intercept that of Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut."

The War Room was quiet, men rubbing their foreheads and shifting uncomfortably in their chairs. Field Marshall Memhed's second-in-command Babar Nasimkayev sat at the head of the table, twisting his moustache before returning to his speech.

"As we know, despite some bumps in the road Great Churubusco and Nayrin have had a longstanding peace and in our friendship we signed a mutual-defense pact. Thus, we are obliged to keep our word and aid Great Churubusco should her borders be penetrated and she is not the aggressing state."

"What is our strategy sir?" piped up an eager young officer.

"We shall prepare for deployment. The army moves on the President's command."

President's Palace, Nayrin 1800 hours

President Grigorkayev had sent envoys to Karlom-Terevanyia to ascertain their opinion on the events transpiring and had placed a call to the military earlier that evening. It seemed all too strange that this war had erupted over... what exactly?

Looking out his window to the sea, he wondered what had enticed Great Churubusco to venture into the pure, beautiful but unforgiving North of the Orient...

Premier
Premier

View user profile http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nayrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlom-Terevanyia on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:09 pm

(I really hate to burst your bubble, Churo, but Karlom and Terevanyia have essentially assimilated into one another culturally. It'd be very hard to seperate them.)

KARLOM-TEREVANYIAN PRESIDENTIAL PALACE

The Nayrinese envoys were recieved immediately by Second Citizen Alex Seaton. The First Citizen was currently on the 11th Hole at the Westphalia Municipal Golf Course, clearing his mind.

"We understand your concerns, sirs, and I assure you that Karlom-Terevanyia will make no act of war against Great Churubusco on the condition that they cease their offensive actions against Qikaqtaaluk."
Karlom-Terevanyia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 pm

(Eh, worth a shot)
QIKIQTAALUK-NUNAAVUT WATERS- 2000 HOURS

Gen. Wermongir's ship reached the small island. His fleet surrounded the small fishing village that was on the island. "Leave your homes and places of work and no harm will be done. We will not harm citizens unless you get in our way. Evacuate the island as it is now property of his majesty, the King of Great Churubusco."

KING'S PALACE- CHURUBUSCO, GREAT CHURUBUSCO- 2010 HOURS

After hearing of the capture of the island, the King was ecstatic. He glanced at picture of his grandfather, the 112th King. It was a picture of his grandfather shaking hands with a Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut native.(<----Remember that, it comes back later) He set it down and stepped onto his balcony to address the people. "Dear people of the world. I will not back down on my stance of war with Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut. I am not an aggressor, just a defender on the offensive." The people in the crowd cheered. "Thank you dear friends and citizens of Great Churubusco!" he exited the balcony. He'd done a lot that day. He'd gone to war and had been threatened by long-time friends. He guessed he would need rest for tomorrow.
Great Churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:56 pm

KALKAATILTUK ISLAND AND VILLAGE

The chief of Kalkaatiltuk smiled wuietly to himself, the Paramount Chief had been prepared the time that they had had given them time to mobilize, and this island, being the most eastern had been prepared. Ice still covered the harbour and a storm would be here soon. A small army stood behind the village. Two submarines patrolled beneath the water. He picked up his phone. And called the secretary of the paramount chief.

"The fleet is here, please inform the Paramount Chief."
Qikiqtaaluk Nunaavut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:43 pm

"There's armed movement on the island, sir." stated Gen. Wermongir. He was on wire with the King. "How so? It's a small fishing village?" "I don't know, sir. But, there is." "Look, usually I'd have you blow the place to high hell. But this is a special occasion. I need this island secure. I'll take my sub, should be there tomorrow." "You, your doing what? Sir, this is a warzone. You can't do that! You have to protect yourself." "What kind of King leads his people into a war without actually fighting it?"
Great Churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlom-Terevanyia on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:22 pm

(Uhh. Nearly every king in history. XD)
Karlom-Terevanyia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Churubusco on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:18 am

(I know, but the royal family in Great Churubusco is very honorable.)
Great Churubusco

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlom-Terevanyia on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:13 pm

THE NORTHERN BORDER OF CHURUBUSCO

Karlom-Teravanyian soldiers worked long into the night to build trenches, string up barbed wire, and establish perimeter walls with gun towers. All land traffic into Churubusco was delayed at the border pending diplomatic confirmation from Westphalia.

INTERNATIONAL WATERS OUTSIDE CHURUBUSCO

Karlom-Terevanyian ships prowled the waters outside Churbusco's influence. This was the largest concentration of CAF personnel and assets in the region at the time. All ships that did not allow themselves to be boarded had their rudders fired upon and were immobilized.
Karlom-Terevanyia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum